Life is an ever changing process of which the Franklin region has it’s share …..
Many of the locals already know about this and as our latest information from Council mentions the Bledisloe Park upgrade, in Pukekohe.
The first recorded cricket match held on the ground, came in December 1950 when Franklin played King Country in the 1950/51 Hawke Cup. The ground later held two first-class matches which saw Northern Districts play Auckland in the 1976/77 Shell Cup and Wellington in the 1989/90 Shell Trophy. Two List A matches have also been held here, with Northern Districts playing Auckland in the 1977/78 Gillette Cup and in the 1980/81 Shell Cup.
According to the information :
Developments at the park include a car park extension near the Pukekohe Netball centre and a new car park to be constructed next to the existing playground.
The new multisport facility will be led by the Bledisloe Park Society. As well as leading the development, the society will be responsible to fundraise and the future running of the facility.
The Franklin Local Board has contributed around $750,000 to the project, in addition to the funding from the Lotteries Commission, Foundation North (formerly ASB Community Trust), and NZ Community Trust.